PODS container looked like it had been through a hurricane.
We were selling our house so we decided to declutter it for the showing by renting a POD.They were very helpful over the phone and delivered the pod when and were we had asked.
We packed the pod ourselves and asked the driver if it all looked ok. He replied that yes I looks ok they take great care with our belongings and that the container is always loaded evenly. So off went our container to the pods warehouse for safe keeping. Our first bill arrived which was more than I was quoted.
So I called them to inquire. We were still being charged for insurance on their container. So I asked so were paying for insurance on your container while its under your care in your facility. Does this cover our belongings for fire theft flood etc.
They replied no just covers damage to container. So needless to say we cancelled the useless insurance that should have been cancelled to begin with them once they took posetion of the container again. But I have to say the thing that really upset me the most was when we had the pod delivered to our storage facility where we were going to store the rest of our stuff during the build. When we opened the door it looked like the pod had been through a Hurricane.
The pics attached are what we seen when we opened the door. I immediately called my local pods dealer in Halifax ,Nova Scotia who's card I had gotten from the driver. I spoke with Rob OBrien,MBA lol.
He really seemed uninterested to my problem that all our belongings had shifted and damage to some of our belongings had occurred. I emailed Mr.
Obrien the photos and called him and left a voicemail but got no reply. So after a week or so I called him back and did get a hold of him only for him to say that he felt it was our fault that our belonging had been damaged because the container we had packed and asked the driver originally if it was ok, was in Mr. O'Brian's opinion not packed correctly. So after a bit of banter back and forth I said fine it appears you have your mind made up.
Lesson learned I will never ever use PODS ever again and I will pass along my story to everyone I know.
Get a storage unit, much cheaper and you don't have to worry about how some yahoo is handling your stuff when your not around.Lesson learned!!!!!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Dmaged our belonings by
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Pods Storage
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We were selling our house so we decided to declutter it for the showing by renting a POD. They were very helpful over the phone and delivered the pod..."
- "We own a property in North Hampton, Ohio. Our tenants contracted with Pods of Dayton to move their belongings. On 06/30/2012 Pods of Dayton show up to retreive the pod...."
- "And about the stevie award check my google plus. Veronica a. Meza. Youll see a bunch of comments in my post and photos. The reposting i..."
- "Do not buy from Bob Blumenthal Auto Sales, Sackville, NS.I bought a 2011 Buick Lacrosse & I had issues with it as soon as I drove it off their lot...."
- "after the death of my mother i decided to move back to newfoundland.i sold most of my pocessions only keeping 18 boxes in total.phoning several companies i decided u.p.s would..."
- "I ordered my wedding dress custom sized from this site. When it arrived it was rolled up in a ball in plastic wrap and stuffed into a box. ..."
- "Many of the nay-sayers of this company are correct about the business practices. If you can get the product, especially the night cream, do it, but if just trying to..."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."