PODS container looked like it had been through a hurricane.
We were selling our house so we decided to declutter it for the showing by renting a POD.They were very helpful over the phone and delivered the pod when and were we had asked.
We packed the pod ourselves and asked the driver if it all looked ok. He replied that yes I looks ok they take great care with our belongings and that the container is always loaded evenly. So off went our container to the pods warehouse for safe keeping. Our first bill arrived which was more than I was quoted.
So I called them to inquire. We were still being charged for insurance on their container. So I asked so were paying for insurance on your container while its under your care in your facility. Does this cover our belongings for fire theft flood etc.
They replied no just covers damage to container. So needless to say we cancelled the useless insurance that should have been cancelled to begin with them once they took posetion of the container again. But I have to say the thing that really upset me the most was when we had the pod delivered to our storage facility where we were going to store the rest of our stuff during the build. When we opened the door it looked like the pod had been through a Hurricane.
The pics attached are what we seen when we opened the door. I immediately called my local pods dealer in Halifax ,Nova Scotia who's card I had gotten from the driver. I spoke with Rob OBrien,MBA lol.
He really seemed uninterested to my problem that all our belongings had shifted and damage to some of our belongings had occurred. I emailed Mr.
Obrien the photos and called him and left a voicemail but got no reply. So after a week or so I called him back and did get a hold of him only for him to say that he felt it was our fault that our belonging had been damaged because the container we had packed and asked the driver originally if it was ok, was in Mr. O'Brian's opinion not packed correctly. So after a bit of banter back and forth I said fine it appears you have your mind made up.
Lesson learned I will never ever use PODS ever again and I will pass along my story to everyone I know.
Get a storage unit, much cheaper and you don't have to worry about how some yahoo is handling your stuff when your not around.Lesson learned!!!!!
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Dmaged our belonings by
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Pods Storage
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " (This was sent to the salesmen who sold me this job) I just wanted to let you know how unhappy I was with our move. I tried calling you..."
- "If you are hoping to shell out several thousand dollars to have someone ransack all your belongings, steal what they think is valuable, and damage the rest, then Sammy Services..."
- "Hello! I was wanting to thank all the helpful reviews here on this site! I was saved precious money that could be used for Christmas items!It started with me looking..."
- "Sports Card dealer BRAD METCALF, owner of Chrome Cards LLC is an unethical crook, scammer and liar who is also extremely crude, combustible and combative and should be avoided at..."
- "after the death of my mother i decided to move back to newfoundland.i sold most of my pocessions only keeping 18 boxes in total.phoning several companies i decided u.p.s would..."
- "Do not buy from Bob Blumenthal Auto Sales, Sackville, NS.I bought a 2011 Buick Lacrosse & I had issues with it as soon as I drove it off their lot...."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."