PODS container looked like it had been through a hurricane.

42 of 83 Pods reviews

We were selling our house so we decided to declutter it for the showing by renting a POD.They were very helpful over the phone and delivered the pod when and were we had asked.

We packed the pod ourselves and asked the driver if it all looked ok. He replied that yes I looks ok they take great care with our belongings and that the container is always loaded evenly. So off went our container to the pods warehouse for safe keeping. Our first bill arrived which was more than I was quoted.

So I called them to inquire. We were still being charged for insurance on their container. So I asked so were paying for insurance on your container while its under your care in your facility. Does this cover our belongings for fire theft flood etc.

They replied no just covers damage to container. So needless to say we cancelled the useless insurance that should have been cancelled to begin with them once they took posetion of the container again. But I have to say the thing that really upset me the most was when we had the pod delivered to our storage facility where we were going to store the rest of our stuff during the build. When we opened the door it looked like the pod had been through a Hurricane.

The pics attached are what we seen when we opened the door. I immediately called my local pods dealer in Halifax ,Nova Scotia who's card I had gotten from the driver. I spoke with Rob OBrien,MBA lol.

He really seemed uninterested to my problem that all our belongings had shifted and damage to some of our belongings had occurred. I emailed Mr.

Obrien the photos and called him and left a voicemail but got no reply. So after a week or so I called him back and did get a hold of him only for him to say that he felt it was our fault that our belonging had been damaged because the container we had packed and asked the driver originally if it was ok, was in Mr. O'Brian's opinion not packed correctly. So after a bit of banter back and forth I said fine it appears you have your mind made up.

Lesson learned I will never ever use PODS ever again and I will pass along my story to everyone I know.

Get a storage unit, much cheaper and you don't have to worry about how some yahoo is handling your stuff when your not around.Lesson learned!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Pods Storage
Review category
Transportation and Storage
review #602876

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pods? Submit review ›
Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
42 of 83 Pods reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pods. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Pods.
Filing a new complaint about
×