Additional Services
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

We discovered on May 24th, 2017 when we opened 61719BX to remove our belongings at our new address that rain had leaked into that POD and damaged our leather love seat, teak bookcases (and the shelves), and our dining room buffet table.These items were all packed together in the back end of that POD.

No other items were damaged in that POD or any of the other 3 PODS we had rented. We called PODS when we saw the water damage and MOLD (our furniture had been in storage for almost two weeks). We were promised someone would call us the next day. No one did.

We called them back on May 26th and were told that it would be three to five days before someone would contact us. The PODS were scheduled to be picked up on May 27th. The driver, Don, showed up early on that Saturday and he not only saw the damage to our furniture but he took pictures of it AND of the water in 61719BX. In fact, water was running out of that POD and he noted that.

He also took pictures with his cell phone. He told us his boss, Kevin Driver, in Oklahoma City would take care of it. He called him and Mr. Driver called us back.

He seemed irritated that Don had called him and told me, Margaret Wilcox, that it was a corporate matter. I had called PODS twice the day before. After being told it would take 3 to 5 days to help us, I said that was unacceptable and I called back that evening and got a gentleman who promised to get someone in claims to help me immediately. He put me on hold and when he came back on he said they had gone for the day but they would call me on Saturday.

We let Don take POD 61719BX thinking we would get a call that day but never did. I was finally connected to Claims the next week (Monday of that week was Memorial Day) but one could only leave message with them and they did not call back. I was even told by the regular phone service personnel that our claim had already been settled and that we did not have insurance. Insurance is MANDATORY with PODS and you pay for it with your first payment to them.

I pointed this out and finally got someone who admitted WE did have coverage for the time the PODS were in their hands! We finally got an email asking us to fill out a claim form 13 DAYS LATER from when we started calling. The form was from UNIRISC Inc. the insurer for PODS and the representative was one Deb Williams.

We filled out the form, sent in pictures of the damage and got an email saying it would be 30 days before we got anything back. We also had been told not to do anything to our furniture but we had to do something since the mold was eating into the wood. We could not wait 30 more days. We had already sent out the buffet for repair ($500 and that was the low estimate).

We filled the form out and sent it back on June 6, 2017. Last night we got an email saying that "WE found no physical damage to the rented POD unit" and therefore, they were not paying for the damage. They also told us "flooding" was not covered under the policy but "flooding" was not even an issue. A leaky roof line was.

When we wrote back and said that this was BS and that we would continue to fight them over this, suddenly they reopened our case. It might have something to do with the fact that Discover credit cards (with which we paid PODS) is on our side in this dispute and is holding out $3600 from PODS until we settle the matter. And when I asked Deb Williams to provide the names of those who "found no physical damage" and when they determined this, she said that PODS did not provide them with that kind of information!!! What??

They are hired by PODS to do their insurance investigations but they don't have to provide their own insurance company with information? Does that make sense? We also were overcharged for the time we used the PODS as we asked for a May 25th pickup but were made to wait until May 27th (we got them on April 27th) so they could charge us for another month's rental.

This company is crooked to the bone.Do not use them!

Review about: Pods Long Distance Moving Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Fact they did not respond to our complaint, Dmaged our belonings by.

Had an Experience with PODS?

Comments