562 views
Featured Resolved
1.3

Update by user Sep 23, 2018

I was contacted by PODS and the matter has been resolved.

Original review posted by user Sep 08, 2018

I paid almost $900 to store my stuff with pods for less than 3 mos. this include the $79 x 2 to drop off and pick up the pod. When it was delivered and I started unloading my stuff, water was dripping heavily from the roof. Many of my boxes were soaking wet and items damaged.

If I had not started unloading the pod when I did, it would have been worst.

I contacted them right away to report the issue. They took the information for the incidence and I was told that someone would call me back.

I received a call the following day. Basically I was told that they were not responsible for any loss, that the agreement stated they would not be liable unless I paid for their insurance. I was so pissed!!

The unfortunate thing is that the most damage was to items that cannot be replaced!!!

Another thing, when they dropped off the empty pod they brought the size bigger than the one I ordered. I was told by the driver that they didn’t have the one i ordered so they brought me the next size up for the same price. However the next month I was charged the higher rate. I sent an email to customer service asking why I was billed more than my agreement and I did not even receive a response.

Be careful if they bring you a larger container under the pretense that you would be billed the rate your ordered stated. This was very deceitful if you ask me.

I will never use them again because they are expensive and their container leaks. Be aware that if your items are damaged, they have no liability unless you take their insurance.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pods Storage Unit.

PODS Cons: Added costs.